Thursday 24 July 2008

Summer Camp 2008

On a more upbeat note: I have had a fantastic 2weeks!

I’ve spent a lot of my time role-playing... I’ve been a belly-dancing afghan villager, a Taliban fighter and a Christian aid worker. I’ve been arrested and dumped in a pig-pen, I’ve made up my own incomprehensible language, and I’ve watched people look ridiculous attempting to cross a stream whilst blindfolded.

The fancy dress evening was ACE, and I think I really pulled off the Lion King look! Everyone looked fantastic to be honest. We had some seriously fun nights in the mess and, for some reason, I managed to be the last of my friends in there on most nights. I didn’t actually drink that much but I just wanted to make the most of every night I had, and so ended up getting about an hours sleep most nights. Oops.

I’ve destroyed my body.

I sound like a freak because I ran myself down so much, which always results in me losing my voice. I’ve also developed a cough. My hands and arms are suntanned after spending one day kayaking, one day rock-climbing and another day cycling (which I hated. Seriously, I hate mountain biking). I have a scar on my knee from where I managed to slash my leg open on some barbed wire.

But I’ve had a fantastic time so it’s all been worth it. Gosh I’ll miss having an excuse to get outside and be energetic. I do so much running at the moment “so that I’m fit for OTC”, I buy outdoor clothes “for when we’re in the field” – now I no longer have these reasons, I’m going to have to remind myself that I actually enjoy it.


I'll post photos when they're uploaded...

No comments: