Saturday 13 September 2008

Goodbye OTC...

Yep, I went to bed at half past 8 last night... I was tired!
After spending the week kayaking, hiking and cycling on minimal sleep because we spent every night in the pub, Hannah attempted to drive us home. I say 'attempted' because it managed to take us twice as long as usual... the weather was horrendous, and the traffic just as bad due to the amount of accidents we passed. We managed to take the wrong turn a few times, and managed to find all the blocked roads in the Midlands!

This week has burnt a few bridges for me, and I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it.

It was supposed to be my last weekend with the Officer Training Corps... after this I'm off the books and no longer an Officer Cadet. I expected it to be sad, but I ended up crying my eyes out for different reasons. I suppose it's kind of made it easier for me to leave; the people that were upsetting me and the things that were getting to me are what I'm not going to miss.

I'm not going miss people constantly taking the piss out of me. I'm not going to miss the jokes about me being some kind of man-eating whore. I won't miss feeling alone in a crowded room. And I won't miss being told that I moan constantly or that I'm generally shit.

But, despite all that, I'm not leaving it on a bad note. I've really enjoyed all the training, and it's been fantastic to spend some time with my girls again. I'm uploading photos as I type... so a picture post shall follow!

Tonight I'm off to see my friend's brother, Garfield Mayor, performing at the Kasbah in Coventry. I've never been before, but Alasdair's coming with me [as a friend, friend, friend]!

No comments: