Saturday 9 August 2008

"Miss you like a child misses their blanketttt..."

I managed to spend the past fortnight with two of the most important people in my life - Phyll and Steve. Due to fluke, we were placed within the same company which meant we spent literally 24/7 with each other.

We've had our ups and downs; arguements and tears; hysterical laughter and emotional hugs. I can't think of a better way to properly say goodbye to them, and goodbye to the greens. It may not be a goodbye forever... I might join the Army Cadet Force as an instructor, and I've not ruled out the Territorial Army, but it's a goodbye for now. It's a goodbye to Liverpool UOTC.

The fortnight made me realise how much I absolutely adore Phyll. She's like my twin. We're different in so many ways, but so similar at the same time. We don't do things together on purpose, but somehow we end up looking the same, dressing the same and saying the same things. When we're together we become incapable of making a decision without asking the other one first.
I'm not going to miss her, because I'm not letting her leave my life. Next month we're together for a week's adventurous training, and I'm visiting her in Doncaster before that. Not to mention my impending visit to Durham when she's moved into her new house. She's my other half, and she's for keeps.

Steve on the other hand... I don't know what to write about him.
I just wish we'd lived in the same city for the past 3yrs, because this last fortnight has been the longest we've ever spent together and it's been the best time we've had. Yeah, we've had our arguements, but they're absolutely over-shadowed by the amazing times we had alongside them.
If only things were different.


No comments: