Saturday 16 August 2008

The Walk of Shame minus sex.

Last night became one of those crazy random nights that ends up being bigger than it was supposed to be. As a result, I am suffering a hellish hangover! I don't know why it's so bad, but it's been a while since I suffered this much.

The preface for going out, was that it was a friends surprise 21st birthday party. I'm not that close to the birthday girl, but Mandy is, and so it was a nice opportunity to spend some time with her. Two of Mandy's friends from university also used it as an excuse to have a night out, and so we soon ditched the party to entertain ourselves elsewhere. We ended up having a hillarious time together, and we all got on so well.

I think it must have been the tequila shots. I'm blaming the crazy behaviour and banging head on the tequila.

One guy tried sleazing on us in Moo, so we decided to have some fun at his expense:
"Do you... oh, sorry, it doesn't matter!"
"Go on, what were you going to say?"
"No, really, we were just being silly!"
"Go on..."
"Well... We were just wondering; d'you model for Quiksilver because you look like a surfing model?!"
"Um, yea, I do actually! Wow, I can't believe you recognised me!" - He then proceeded to go back and show off to his friends while we all stood there in hysterics! I think one of his friends must have told him we were taking the piss, because we didn't see much of him after that.

The night ended very strangely, with me going back to Alasdair's. But before conclusions are jumped to, I should clarify that everything is fine and dandy between us... He understands it's just friendship and knows that this is all it's ever going to be. I think I was a bit forceful and layed down the law a few too many times, but at least there's no confusion over the matter! I'd hate to lose him as a friend, so I'm really happy with how it is.
It did mean, however, that I had to do The Walk of Shame home in the morning... in my short skirt and stilettos, I looked an awful sight! It's a bit of a bitch doing The Walk, and having nothing fun to be ashamed about!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The 'Walk of shame' home - that's pretty much a daily occurence for me.

rosiewishes. said...

Lucky you! I'm guessing it's not usually done in stilettos and a mini-skirt though?